We are seeking an Engagement Coordinator to support the Toronto—St. Paul’s Provincial NDP constituency association.
We are interested in hiring a coordinator to help support and organize community outreach efforts, recruit volunteers and enhance our fundraising capabilities.
The start date for this position is early November, with the opportunity to extend until the beginning of the next provincial election in Ontario.
About the Toronto—St. Paul’s NDP
We are the Ontario NDP constituency association serving the Toronto—St. Paul’s electoral district. We are a group of volunteers working towards the re-election of our candidate, Jill Andrew.
- Outreach to, and engagement of, potential supporters
- Sustaining and engaging existing members and supporters
- Organizing outreach activities with volunteers
- Working with the Association Executive and EPC
- Organizing weekly phone banks
- Direct outreach to constituents
- Phone fundraising
- Volunteer recruitment, engagement, and retention.
- Data Entry
The Consultant will be accountable to the Chair of the Electoral Planning Committee.
This position comes with 20 hours a week of work (with the potential for expanding hours down the line), and a wage of $22.50 an hour.
Given the nature of our work, we will require strict confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in organizing and volunteer recruitment and management
- Attention to detail
- Superior self-organization and ability to coordinate multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Relationship-building skills for cooperation and coordination between volunteers and staff at all levels
- Sharp political acumen
- Dedication to our goals of a greener, fairer, more just and prosperous society
- Experience in or knowledge of the Ontario NDP an asset
Please send your CV to Toronto—St. Paul’s Provincial EPC Chair Rory Ditchburn at [email protected] by Friday, October 29th, at 6pm ET. Please include a CV, a handful of relevant writing samples, and a few ideas to reach our campaign goals.
We welcome applications from diverse communities—the Toronto—St. Paul’s NDP is an equal opportunity organization. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available on request.