Today, the Ontario government released the full details on the new AstraZeneca vaccine pilot program, with over 300 sites across the province slated to open on Friday, March 12. Currently, this pilot program is only open to residents who have a birthday between January 1, 1957 and December 31, 1961.
In order to receive a vaccine, you will have to schedule an appointment in advance. Pharmacies are almost entirely taking appointments by phone, with a couple exceptions.
At this moment, some pharmacies have begun booking appointments, and if you are eligible for this pilot program, I would encourage you to call to register as soon as possible.
You can search to find the nearest location to you by clicking here and entering the first three digits of your postal code.
I have also gone through to find the pharmacies that are within Toronto-St. Paul’s, as well as some that are just outside our boundaries below:
Yonge and St. Clair
- Rexall – 2 St. Clair Avenue East, Unit C001
- Phone Number: 416-256-6199
- Ava Pharmacy – 81 St. Clair Avenue East, Unit 220
- Phone Number: 416-962-2111
- Shoppers Drug Mart – 1507 Yonge Street
- Phone Number: 416-923-7700
Yonge and Davisville
- Sam's I.D.A. Pharmacy – 1920 Yonge Street
Yonge and Eglinton
- Shoppers Drug Mart – 759 Mount Pleasant Road
- Phone Number: 416-482-7100
- Shoppers Drug Mart 841 – 2345 Yonge Street
- Phone Number: 416-487-5411
- Rexall Yonge/Eglinton – 2300 Yonge Street
- Phone Number: 416-484-4540
St. Clair and Bathurst
- Loblaws – 396 St. Clair Avenue West
- Phone Number: 416-651-5145
- Shoppers Drug Mart 836 – 523 St. Clair Avenue West
- Phone Number: 416-538-1155
- Shoppers Drug Mart – 1027 Yonge Street
- Phone Number: 416-961-0155
Dufferin and Eglinton
- Shoppers Drug Mart – 1840 Eglinton Avenue West
- Phone Number: 416-256-6199
- Northcliffe Pharmacy – 1751 Eglinton Avenue West
- Phone Number: 416-256-7888
- New Caledonia Pharmacy – 600 Caledonia Road
- Phone Number: 416-785-8385
Avenue and Eglinton
- Forest Hill Pharmacy – 491 Eglinton Avenue West, Unit 102
- Phone Number: 416-619-7768
Eglinton and Bathurst
- Rexall – 901 Eglinton Avenue West
- Book through their website: rexall.ca/covid19test
- Shoppers Drug Mart 1281 – 292 Dupont Street
- Phone Number: 416-972-0232
Oakwood and Eglinton
- Sobeys – 145 Marlee Avenue
- Green Pharmacy – 620A Bloor Street
- Phone Number: 416-530-4004
- Shoppers Drug Mart – 958 Bloor St. West
- Phone Number: 416-538-0105
- Rexall – 1245 Dupont St
- Phone Number: 416-537-0805
It has also been announced today that the city will be opening 133,000 online vaccination bookings for City-run immunization clinics for residents who are born in 1941 or earlier – with the web-portal for bookings coming online this Friday March 12.
Once bookings are available, eligible residents will be able to book appointments between March 17 and April 11. These appointments will be held at one of the three City-operated mass immunization clinics that will open on March 17.
The first three mass immunization clinics will be located at:
- Metro Toronto Convention Centre (255 Front St W)
- Scarborough Town Centre (300 Borough Dr)
- Toronto Congress Centre (650 Dixon Rd)
The registration link will be available here on Friday.
I want to take a moment here to just remind everyone in our community just how important it is that we are all wearing our PPE at this moment. Especially with many of our older adults travelling throughout our community soon to receive their vaccinations, we must ensure that we all remain committed to maintaining a collective sense of responsibility here, and wear our masks, maintain our distance, and wash our hands frequently.
Throughout COVID-19, we have seen many members of our community step up to make a difference, and today I had the opportunity to deliver some socks to the great teams from one2give and Seeds of Hope, who together worked on a campaign that brought in over 10,000 socks to support members of our community who are experiencing homelessness. It was also my great pleasure to present them with certificates of recognition for their incredible work (from a safe distance!).
If you’re interested in finding out more about either organization, you can find the Seeds of Hope website here, and the one2give website here.